Join us for an all you can eat buffet at our Blue Window Restaurant Mondays - Fridays from 12:00 PM to 2:30 pm.
To our valued guests, our mission to provide the highest level of hospitality and care for guests has always been important to us. In light of the Covid-19 threat, we have intensified our efforts to provide a safe and clean environment for our guests and colleagues. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness, making sure you feel comfortable.
At this time, we sympathize with persons who have been affected by this unfortunate event and we appreciate the government, healthcare workers, local communities and who have gone above and beyond to contain the spread of the coronavirus. We have also been working assiduously to monitor the COVID-19 and implement strategies that will safeguard our team members and guests.
The Hotel Group has a Covid-19 Response team that was activated in February to monitor and address on-going changes to operational and other procedures following industry best practices.
Our team members have received COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols training from the Ministry of Health and Wellnessincluding general sanitation guidelines and proper use of personal protective equipment.
Please see some of the enhanced measures we have already implemented:
- Frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of all public spaces has been increased with special attention paid to “high-touch” areas; e.g.: door handles, elevator buttons, railings, public bathrooms, lobby furniture, stairwells, etc.
- Temperature checks are being administered to all guests upon check-in and all team members on arriving to work. Guests and Team members may also be subject to additional temperature checks performed at random
-Touch-free greeting and welcoming protocol adopted for all team members when interacting with guests.
- New signs have been posted reminding guests and team members of proper handwashing methods and social distancing guidelines.
- Hand Sanitizing stations have been installed in all public areas; e.g.: elevators, lobby, gift shops, business center, etc.
- Trash bins have been placed outside each public bathroom for guests and team members to properly dispose of tissue paper used to open/close doors.
- Hand sanitizing stations have been installed at all cafes, restaurants, and bars.
- Spaced out seating for social distancing in restaurants and bars.
- Self-serve buffet meal service has been discontinued.
- Reusable cups and mugs are no longer accepted.
- Servers will wear disposable gloves to collect trays, discarding the gloves immediately after the tray and all its contents have been delivered to the dishwashing area
- Food trays will be set outside the room entrance for room service delivery and guest notified
- Key card drop off bowls have been installed to limit contact and facilitate check-out.
- All pens are sanitized after each use. Guests are further encouraged to use personal pens whenever possible.
- Encouraged external clients to communicate with us via email and phone instead of in person.
- Implemented hand sanitizing stations at all restaurants, bars, and high traffic areas.
- Guest rooms will be decluttered to reduce constant re-touch of items such as magazines, room service menus, travel guides, note pads. These will be made available on request. In-room TV channels will be utilized to provide additional guest information.
- All room cleaning equipment used by Housekeepers will be cleaned and sanitized (mops, mop buckets, dust bins, cart) with Sanitized the recommended cleaning chemical and sanitizing agent
- All high touch areas in the room will receive a more detailed cleaning regime
- Housekeeping team will be equipped with PPE– disposable gloves, masks, disposable protective apron and educated in the proper use and care.
- Infrared Temperature checks are now provided to all staff upon reporting for work.
- All staff have been provided with face masks that must be worn at all times while on property
- Additional PPE’s will be provided based on work tasks to include gloves, gowns, face shields, and other protective gear.
- Our hotels have a Nurse of Duty if you require any immediate medical attention
- Our Nurses have also been trained in quarantine and isolation protocols
- The hotel also has arrangements for a Doctor of Call (at a cost) for more serious conditions
While on the property we ask that you kindly observe both the hotel and Ministry of Health & Wellness protocols at all times.
- Washing your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- While in ALL public areas in the hotel, you will be required to wear a mask at all times. If you do not have a mask kindly use some other form of covering over your nose and mouth such as a scarf or handkerchief. If you need to buy a mask, they are available in the hotel Gift Shop.
- Enjoy the “mask” experience and take some cool “selfies” while on property.
- If going off property, please continue to wear your mask
- If travelling in a public vehicle sanitize the seat and the surrounding area.
- Continue to take general precautions and avoid large crowds and close spaces.
- Social distancing protocols are in place at the hotel and across the island, and this may require staggered meal periods. Kindly observe a minimum of 6 feet between individuals.
-This distance will be monitored especially in the areas where there may be a greater concentration of people, such as restaurants, front desk areas, swimming pools, or other outdoor areas. The distance between restaurant chairs, bar chairs, loungers, and tables, will be increased, and marks will be placed indicating the distance to be kept.
- We encourage the use of reservations for different services. This will be valid for restaurants as well as for the gym, children’s areas, recreational facilities, among others.
- Temperature checks will be carried out on check-in and randomly by our team during your stay. This is to protect everyone and identify any early symptoms. If you exhibit an elevated temperature you will be required to self-isolate in-room until the Ministry of Health personal are alerted and advise the next steps.
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing, sneezing, and/or runny nose
- If you observe anyone showing these symptoms kindly advise the Duty Manager, who will follow up on the matter immediately.
- If for any reason you may feel unwell please isolate yourself in your room, and contact us by phone, dialing 0 and ask for the Duty Manager, as soon as possible.
We encourage you to:
- Rest and avoid over-exertion
- Drink enough water
- Avoid smoking and smoky areas
We will ensure that we provide the highest level of hospitality that you deserve and will take appropriate measures to ensure continued service.
The Courtleigh Hospitality Group
Last updated: August 21, 2020
Read More...JAMAICA TOURISM PROTOCOLS https://www.tpdco.org/covid-19healthprotocols/
VERY IMPORTANT NOTICE: PLEASE NOTE A TRAVEL AUTHORIZATION IS REQUIRED TO COME TO JAMAICA
Non- Residents and Residents Travelling to Jamaica
Before traveling to Jamaica, please take the time to know the risk management initiatives that have been put in place that form part of the Controlled Entry Programme and how they will impact your visit. Please note you are now required to complete a travel authorization form to determine if you will be approved to travel to Jamaica. This authorization is required to board your flight to Jamaica. You will not be allowed to board unless you have approval.
Please click here for more details and to apply for your travel authorization: https://bit.ly/3hi3pGQ
The Courtleigh Hospitality Group which includes The Courtleigh Hotel and Suites, The Knutsford Court Hotel and The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel donated over ½ a million in food and sanitation items for the homeless, as a part of our Covid-relief efforts. The Marie Atkins Night Shelter located in Kingston was able to serve over 120 homeless persons with the items distributed.
For more details on this donation click here: https://bit.ly/2X0Brqk
Before returning to any of our hotels, we encourage you to Pack for a Purpose. We are proud members of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers like you to make a lasting impact in the community at your travel destination. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and take supplies for the projects we support in need, you’ll make a priceless impact in the lives of our local children and families. Items could include school supplies, toiletries, games, and other personal items. Just drop off the supplies at the hotel Front Desk with a note. These supplies will be donated to our charity partners, The Alpha Boy’s Institute, Missionaries of The Poor, The Open Arms Development Centre, and The Marie Atkins Shelter.